We’re Running …
Because We Can!
2018 Eversource Hartford Marathon
(5K, Relay, Half Marathon, Marathon)
When someone faces a health crisis,
there are so many things they can’t do.
Because We Can, we will train and run
to raise money and hope
for those who can’t.
We are excited to form the Because We Can Eversource Hartford Marathon training team again this year to raise money to provide families with the healing meals and support they need when they are in a health crisis. Click HERE for a flyer you can download and share with those who might want to join our team.
In addition to runners and walkers, we are looking for community partners to sponsor our Eversource Hartford Marathon Training Team. With your help, we nourish our neighbors, empower
our youth, and raise awareness for the life-changing benefits of quality food and exercise. Sponsor information is coming soon – please check back.
Every year in Connecticut, over 26,000 men, women, and children are diagnosed with cancer and several thousand more are fighting for their lives as they face other critical conditions. It’s at this time that healing foods and support are needed most but many don’t have these resources, which is overwhelming for them and their families! Healing Meals was created to provide 100% organic meals, prepared by youth chefs and chock full of nutrition and love for deeper healing for the whole family.
Our objective is to co-create a team of 150 walkers and runners with you – our former clients, patients, volunteers, administrators, donors, and friends – to raise enough money through sponsorships to make 5,000 extra meals this year. Reaching our fundraising goal of $75,000 will serve 75 additional people for 14 weeks for free! Please consider sponsoring and/or joining us!
Whether you’ve never run or walked a race before, are a seasoned runner with many races under your belt, or somewhere in between, come together with us to give back to those in need. We will support you every step of the way!
New This Year:
- Family Fundraising. Three or more family members who would like to participate together can raise a minimum of $250.
- Training Options for Every Level. Many of our training runs will be with Fleet feet in West Hartford on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m. and Saturdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Events. We will host multiple events throughout the running season to provide assistance and direction with fundraising as well as offer nutrition and injury prevention advice. Stay tuned!
- Fabulous T: As a thank you for your hard work and so that we can see all of you on race day, we have a great t-shirt for you! We’ll be handing these out the day before the race.
- Easy Packet Pick Up. No need to travel to Hartford to pick up your race bib. We’re taking care of it for you. You’ll need to fill out a waiver by 10/1/18. Stay tuned for more information about this …
- Celebration Dinner at Auerfarm. The night before the race (10/12), join us for a delicious dinner to fuel you for race day and celebrate all your hard work. Pick up your race packet and Because We Can t-shirt. Some of our clients will be there to share inspiring stories about what this event means to them.
- Join the Because We Can team on CrowdRise.
- Click SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISER.
- Click START YOUR OWN FUNDRAISER.
- Create your fundraiser with your name and story.
- Add a picture and start fundraising!
- Raise the minimum of $100 or more. We’ll show you how!
- Encourage your friends to join the team – there’s no limit to how many people can participate.
- Once you are set up, be sure to visit www.hartfordmarathon.com to officially register for the race of your choice (5K walk, 5K run, half marathon, full marathon or relay team) – you must register by September 14, 2018. Use code HEALINGMEALS18 to receive $5 off your race registration.
When you join the Healing Meals Because We Can Eversource Hartford Marathon Team, you will receive:
- A training plan for running the 5K, Half Marathon, Marathon or Marathon Relay
- Newsletter with event updates and logistics for the race
- Training runs with Physical Therapy & Sports Medicine staff and guest experts who will provide expertise in nutrition, fitness, form, endurance, recovery, and more
- A CrowdRise fundraising page to easily raise online donations
- A free T-shirt
- Pre-race dinner and celebration at Auer Farm in Bloomfield on Friday, October 12
- Race day location to hang out with the other members of our team
- A supportive community to cheer you on and help you meet your fitness and fundraising objectives
- A deep sense of pride that you are helping members of your community
Please join us or consider making a donation to our team!
We look forward to making a difference with you this year! Because We Can.