Bilingual Client Liaison
Part time 20 hours, Non-exempt
Scroll down for description
Bilingual Client Liaison
The Bilingual Community Liaison (BCL) serves the organization by providing support to clients and their family members as well as building positive relationships and creating effective partnerships in the communities we serve.
The BCL works closely with the HMCP team to ensure that all constituents of HMCP feel nourished and loved for their entire experience and that they’ve had the education they need to sustain healthier nourishing habits.
This person must be compassionate, have good boundaries, excellent listening skills, and the ability to handle a dynamic and detail-oriented environment. They must be comfortable working with people with serious illness and able to remain professional concerning a client’s illness and treatment choices.
- Assess and identify best practices/models for successful programs
- Support Client Manager in streamlining client processes with our Spanish speaking clients, including surveys and client calls to evaluate their experience, provide encouragement and address any concerns
- Bridge cultural gaps with materials, menus, educational curriculum
- Help develop and deliver culturally relevant wellness education
- Collaborate with Program Manager and community-based organizations to create impactful programs.
- Build relationships with local community partners and work collaboratively to provide resources for families that support all Healing Meals programs.
- Assist communications staff with the translation of all written communications, including letters, reports, etc., including reviewing Spanish translations for accuracy and appropriateness of idiom.
- Assist HMCP in expanding its reach into local communities through active engagement with neighborhood and community-based organizations and external partners
- Promote positive relationships with clients and create effective referral partnerships with HMCP
- Perform and promote all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follow federal laws, state laws, school board policies, and the professional standards
- Consistently provide client updates to Client Manager
- Capture and communicate client feedback, testimonials and stories
- Deliver meals as needed to our clients
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Bilingual and biliterate in Spanish and English.
- Three years’ experience developing and facilitating training.
- Three years’ experience in community organizing, communications, or development in a nonprofit, government, or business setting.
- Ability to provide Spanish translation and interpretation services.
- Experience collaborating with schools, community-based, or family-supporting organizations.
- Experience developing and maintaining relationships with volunteer and community partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make effective public presentations.
- Excellent organizational skills and follow-through.
- Interpersonal skills that emphasize team building.
- Ability to engage parents and communities in school activities.
- Ability to organize networks of support for programs or initiatives.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and complex environment, with numerous deadlines and multiple stakeholder viewpoints.
- A commitment to Healing Meals Community Project’s Mission and Operating Principles
- Excellent people skills, including the ability to listen, communicate clearly and set/hold clear boundaries
- Ability and desire to be in a work environment that values working as a team, relationships and giving and receiving honest feedback
- Proficient in the use of computer applications, databases, word-processing, email, and website application
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
Reports to: Program and Education Manager
Participates in staff and operational meetings and special events as part of the Healing Meals team.
Heart-Centered & Love Guided: We are committed to expressing love, trust, respect and integrity in our lives, work and organization.
Everything Matters: Nothing is left out. We work to have every action and choice lead to the greatest positive impact.
Young People are the Future: Young People are intelligent, responsible, capable, creative, and caring, and must be central participants in shaping our collective future.
The Universe has a Purpose: Everything is connected, and life continually invites us to experience gratitude, abundance, connection, community, and healing.
Founded in 2016, Healing Meals Community Project (HMCP) works to build healthy communities by restoring fresh, whole and organic food to its place as the foundation of health and by connecting people in heart-centered ways to themselves, others and the earth.
HMCP provides nourishing organic meals, nutrition education and caring support to people facing serious illness. Meals are prepared by teens alongside adult volunteers who learn about growing, cooking and eating healthy whole foods and the connection between diet and health; develop life and work-ready skills; and discover their power to make a difference. The Healing Meals Program improves healthy eating behaviors among clients, teens and adult volunteers and educates the whole community about the link between healthy eating and the health of both people and planet. It also strengthens the social fabric of the community, another factor that is at the root of health.