We are thrilled you are interested in being a part of Healing Meals Community Project.
As a youth volunteer, you have the opportunity to work side by side with other teens in our kitchen each week to create hundreds of beautiful, delicious, and nourishing meals for families in our community who are dealing with a health crisis. You will be working alongside adult mentor chefs to prepare, cook, and package these meals that are then delivered by our Delivery Angels to our clients in the community.
Working at Healing Meals Community Project is a wonderful experience for many reasons. You have the opportunity to work with teens from different towns, learn new cooking skills, meet great people, contribute to your community, and learn about how your food choices influence your personal wellness but also that of the planet. With your participation, families are nourished and our community is strengthened by the love and care we give to those in need.
Whether you’ve never cooked before, or feel confident in your skills, there is a place for you at Healing Meals Community Project. We will help you to find the right job for your skill level and give you the opportunity to learn more. We are serving food to nourish families who need support, so the energy and intention as we work in the kitchen is critical. We expect everyone to focus on the positive intent of putting healing energy, nourishment, and love into the food.
Your Commitment to Healing Meals:
- One shift per week for 2.5-3 hours
- Commit to a minimum of 10 weeks
- Show up on time and willing to work hard
- Let us know as soon as possible if you will not be able to make your shift
- Respond to our Volunteer Manager in a timely manner
- Treat everyone with respect and understanding
Our Commitment to You:
- We believe that every teen is intelligent, capable, creative, and caring.
- We treat you with respect and mentor you as needed.
- We show up on time and work hard alongside you each shift.
- Age requirement: Young men and women over the age of 14 may volunteer through our youth program.
To learn more, please email Volunteer Manager, Susan Hoffman: Susan@healingmealsproject.org.
We look forward to working with you at Healing Meals Community Project!