Part-time, Salaried, Exempt
- Create and manage HMCP brand identity and treatments, in collaboration with the Leadership Team and Creative Director.
- Manage annual, monthly and weekly marketing plan with key projects, products, collaterals and deliverables (events, communications) including public relations and a monthly themed social media calendar as well as communications(ie videos, blog, social media, pr) to showcaseaccomplishments on behalf of our clients and volunteers, recognition of volunteers and community partners and upcoming events.
- Manage branding on accessory products ~ identify, source, coordinate graphics, quantity, timing and cost (example tea mugs)
- Develop marketing for healing products/services
- Leverage co-branding opportunities including press releases
- Work with Program Manager to develop marketing narratives for programs and initiatives.
- In collaboration with Leadership team build Food is Medicine industry expert status through research, articles & engagement.
- Collaborate with Events Manager and Leadership Team to create verbage for DonorBox, Stripe, Facebook Fundraising and other donation collection vehicles.
- Support Youth Development Committees with all initiatives related to the organization’s communications, including blog, videos, social media, to assure brand alignment.
- Work in collaboration with the Creative Director to create marketing templates for collaterals, newsletter, and any other marketing materials (including product or service offerings).
- Showcase community partner collaborations online and in printed collaterals.
- Create and implement communications to showcase accomplishments on behalf of our clients and volunteers, recognition of volunteers and community partners and upcoming events in a timely manner.
- Create communications as needed for Leadership Team.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to develop collaterals for sponsorships, and others.
- Manage and produce Annual / Semi-annual Giving Campaigns, ensuring the accuracy of all data published.
- Create social media strategy and oversee implementation in alignment with HMCP philosophies, programs and interests.
- Develop a Linked In strategy specifically and oversee ongoing implementation.
- Manage the creation and track social media presence.
- Create and manage email news blasts.
- Manage public relationship opportunities and seek opportunities to share theHealing Meals experience, milestones, events etc..
- Manage our online/digital presence including our website, community calendars and online directories. Quantify consumer and community awareness and influence through tracking web visits and behavior in Google Analytics, as well as analytics for Instagram, Facebook, and Linked In.
- Make adjustments / enhancements to all communications based on analytics including social media, newsletters, flyers etc..
- Attend regularly scheduled Salesforce meetings, follow best practices and identify new features needs when applicable.
- Identify professional HMCP annual goals.
- A commitment to Healing Meals Community Project’s Mission and Operating Principles.
- Minimum of two years working with and managing a marketing plan.
- Minimum of two years working with social media.
- Public relations experience.
- Excellent relationship skills; warm, friendly and collaborative.
- Ability to relate to and work with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Ability to work with computers, MS Office, and content and contact management systems.
- Excellent organizational and management skills including strong attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability and desire to be in a work environment that values teamwork, relationships, compassion and giving and receiving honest feedback as noted in our team aspirations below.
- BA preferred.
- Reports to Chief Executive Officer.
- Monthly one on one meetings.
- Participates in Team Meetings, Operations Meetings, Marketing Meetings, Community Partner meetings.
Position Description Kitchen Assistant Part-time, non-exempt 20 hours per week January 2022
The Kitchen Assistant supports the kitchen team to ensure the smooth running of volunteer kitchen shifts by working with adult/youth volunteers to execute food preparation, administrative tasks, cooking, packaging, bagging, dish washing and keeping a well-maintained kitchen.
The Individual holding the Kitchen Assistant position is functioning in an environment characterized by growth and transition. On an ongoing basis, the Kitchen Assistant must thrive in an environment that requires self-initiative, ability to anticipate kitchen and volunteer needs and collaborate among many team members both internal and external to HMCP. The Kitchen Assistant will be required to obtain their food management certification once in the role, which will be paid for by HMCP.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Actively participate in the overall operations of the kitchen including being adept at and occasionally performing the following weekly or occasional tasks:
- Inventory management and food procurement.
- Run opening shifts and wellness education circle.
- Provide consistency across all shifts in food safety and sanitation practices, cooking techniques, and food quality.
- Deep cleaning and organizational tasks.
- Cover any shift when we are shorthanded including Kitchen Team absences.
- In the current coronavirus pandemic environment, ensure that Covid-19 safety and sanitation protocols are consistently followed.
- Welcome, teach, mentor, and supervise adult & teen volunteers.
- Develop positive relationships with adult and youth volunteers.
- Receive deliveries, properly label, rotate, and store produce and pantry items.
- Lead volunteer teams in all kitchen shifts.
- Support Kitchen Team with administrative support (labels, name tags, weekly stats, inventory).
- Occasionally attend events such as Community Dinners, Cooking Classes, Youth Development Meetings, Fundraising events.
- A commitment to Healing Meals Community Project mission, values, and operating principles.
- Desire to lead and mentor teens in the Youth Program.
- Ability to stay calm and keep a sense of humor in a fast-paced environment. Ability to communicate warmly and clearly.
- Has a good awareness of self.
- Ability and desire to be in a work environment that values working as a team, relationships and giving and receiving honest feedback.
- Ability to lift up to 40-50 lbs.
- Ability to accomplish projects independently and lead projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of professionalism.
- Fantastic customer service ethic and high expectations for quality.
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Salesforce.
- A can do and will do attitude.
- Enjoys a very collaborative environment.