How To Receive Meals
Chickpea Miso Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs ginger juice (grate and squeeze fresh ginger root to get juice and discard/compaste pulp)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sliced baby bok choy
- ¼ tsp sesame oil
- 1 quart vegetable broth
- 2 Tbs coconut aminos (similar to soy sauce in flavor but healthier option!)
- ½ cup chickpea miso paste
- 2 Tbs sliced scallions
- Heat olive oil in bottom of large soup pot. When oil is heated, saute onions until softened, then add garlic and ginger juice and saute additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add 2 Tbs water, cabbage, bok choy, and sesame oil and cook for additional 2 minutes.
- Add broth and bring to boil, then reduce to simmer and cook covered for additional 5 minutes.
- When bok choy and cabbage are softened, add coconut aminos and miso paste and stir to combine, then remove from heat and taste test for salt/pepper (note: do not bring to boil once adding miso paste because miso includes live cultures so you don’t want to heat it on high).
- Garnish with scallions and enjoy!
Chef Ayelet’s Notes:
This recipe is part of our Nourishing Community cookbook that is a collaboration between all the affiliate groups. This particular recipe was contributed by the Meals 4 Health and Healing Team. It is delicious and nutritious, providing an added dose of probiotics from the chickpea miso!