How To Receive Meals
Flourless Chocolate Cake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ cups vegan chocolate chips
- 3 eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In food processor, mash chickpeas.
- Add sugar, baking soda, and chocolate and quickly blend them into the chickpea mash.
- Add beaten eggs and pulse until they are integrated into the batter. It will look like cake batter.
- Pour batter into ungreased 8” x 8” square pan or pie plate.
- Bake cake for 25-30 minutes. The cake will be springy but firm in the center, just like a cake made with flour.
Chef Ayelet’s notes: Anytime we make this chocolate cake in our kitchen, it does not last very long and we are chasing any crumbs in the nooks and crannies of the plate. It is really simple to make and filled with great protein, fiber and fat from the chickpeas. The coconut sugar is a lower glycemic option for sweetening and of course the chocolatey goodness comes through!