How To Receive Meals
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 20 oz white fish filet (example: wild cod or haddock)
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 4 scallions, chopped fine
- ¼ cup fresh dill, de-stemmed and minced
- 2 Tbs capers, chopped
- 1/2 cup dehydrated potato flakes (instant mashed potatoes)
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ¼ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly season fish with salt/pepper and coat with olive oil, then bake at 400 degrees F for 12 minutes until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Let fish cool, then break apart and put in large bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and mix together well.
- Use ⅓ – ½ cup-sized scooper to form balls side-by-side on sheet pan. Carefully flatten slightly to create fishcakes.
- Drizzle with olive oil and bake in oven at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Chef Ayelet’s Notes:
What I love most about these fishcakes is how bright they are in color and flavor. The juiced and zested lemon adds a wonderful freshness to the fishcakes and the turmeric and egg along with the lemon create a very bright color that contrasts so well with the bright red peppers that are visible. This is a signature dish for the healing meals kitchen, partly because it is a great way to provide the health benefits of wild seafood in a vibrant way.