How To Receive Meals
Harvest Wild Rice
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 Minutes
Serving Size: 2 cups
- 1 1/4 cup wild rice mix (mixed wild rice and brown rice)
- 1 lb. beet, peeled and diced
- 1/8 lb. celery, diced
- 1 apple, diced
- 1/4 bunch green onion/scallion, sliced thin
- ⅓ bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 lb. spinach (or other soft cooking green), chopped
- ½ cup dried fruit (ex. goji berries, cranberries, raisins)
- 1/4 cup sunflower/pumpkin seeds, toasted
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¾ tsp ground sage
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Coat beets with olive oil, sea salt, pepper and roast until fork tender but not burnt (depending on size of dice, about 10-15 minutes).
- Cook rice blend in rice cooker with 25% less liquid than directions. Then put in bowl to cool.
- Toast seeds.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together.
- Once rice has cooled slightly, add remaining ingredients and toss with dressing to combine.
- This recipe can be changed seasonally. Add roasted butternut squash, roasted cranberries, roasted pecans! This dish is good warm or cold.