How To Receive Meals
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Spice Packet Ingredients:
- 1 bay leaf
- ¾ tsp whole black peppercorns
- ¼ tsp whole juniper berries
- 1 ounce dried codonopsis root
- 1 ounce dried turmeric rhizome root
- 1 ounce dried astragalus root
- 3-inch piece of kombu seaweed
- 3 unpeeled carrots, cut in half
- 1 unpeeled onion, cut into large chunks
- 4 stalks celery, cut into thirds
- 1 cup packed parsley (stems included)
- 2 unpeeled potatoes, quartered
- 1 sweet potato, quartered
- 2 unpeeled garlic cloves
- Add all ingredients into large soup pot.
- Add 5-6 quarts of water.
- Bring to boil on stove, then reduce to simmer and cook for 2 hours.
- Wait to strain until cooled slightly to prevent injury.
- Once strained, if refrigerating/freezing for future use, be sure to cool completely first.
Chef Joe’s Notes:
The Healing Meals Nourishing Broth is our signature vegetable broth that includes adaptogenic herbs to support the immune system. This broth is packed full of nutrition! Consider using this broth as a base for your soups as well as a nourishing tea.