How To Receive Meals
The Perfect Power Salad
Serving Size: 2 Cups
- ½ cup quinoa
- 1/3 lb. carrots, shredded
- 1/8 bunch scallions/green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 oz spinach (or other greens), chopped
- 1 x 15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin powder
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 tsp honey / maple syrup
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Soak quinoa and then cook according to directions. Let cool completely.
- Toss quinoa with remaining salad ingredients.
- Add dressing ingredients in bowl or blender and mix until combined.
- Drizzle dressing into salad and toss salad to combine everything.
- Can substitute raisins and apricots for dates.
- Can add chopped pistachios or other nuts as garnish.